Metal Gear Solid
Playstation Hints & Cheat Codes
Hints & Cheat Codes
Technical demonstration mode
Successfully complete the following modes in order - "Training",
"Time Trial", "Gun Shooting", "Survival." Note: Completing each
mode will unlock the next mode in the sequence. "Technical
demonstration" mode will now be unlocked. Use it to watch the
CPU demonstrate its best time with the gun.
When you beat the game, if you leave with Otacon, he will give
you a prototype of an item called "Stealth." This allows you to
walk near, through, and around guards, through trip lasers, and
in the field of vision of cameras without alerting. This appears
in your inventory when you start your second game.
When you beat the game, if you leave with Meryl, she will give you
a prototype of an item called "Bandana." This gives you infinite
bullets with any weapons you have. This appears in your inventory
when you start your second game.
Beat the game twice and get both endings (one with Meryl and one
without). When you play a third time, enter the elevator in the
Cargo Dock. You'll remove your scuba gear and change into a tuxedo.
Beat the game twice and get both endings (one with Meryl and one
without). When you play a third time, the ninja will be wearing a
cool red and black outfit.
This is a cheat for those who feel they need to see the most ever
bared on the Playstation. On the level where you try to save the
Darpa chief in the cell, you will meet Meryl, who helps you shoot
the intruders after the chief dies. You kill the gunmen and after
the cinema sequence go back into the cell where you saw a man naked
on the floor. Now get on the ground and take out your scope. You'll
notice that the guy's butt is censored, but when you scope in
ALL THE WAY you'll notice something the company never thought
Every second time you play, the initial cut scene when Solid Snake
emerges from the water is shown from a different angle. This
alternate start is repeated back and forth with the original cut
scene from the beginning onward.
Psycho Mantis Memory Reading
Some of Mantis' reactions depend on the save games of other
Konami games you have on your memory card. Try confronting
him with a Castlevania, ISS Soccer, Suikoden or Silent Hill
save game on your memory card for startling revelations.
After Mantis reads your mind, the screen will go black for
a second before the battle begins. To make the fight MUCH
easier, simply plug the controller into the "controller two"
slot. He won't be able to read your mind anymore and will be
easier to kill.
When you blow up all the walls needed to get to the room where
you find Revolver Ocelot, go back and get more C-4.When the fight
begins run straight to the wall to the left. Place one C-4 ON
THE WALL. If it's on the floor too far it will trigger the
explosions and kill Baker. Now, chase Revolver around untill
he runs right up to the C-4. Detonate. BOOM. Takes off a lot
of his power. Repeat this pattern two or three times and
Pee on the Box!
Just after trekking through the Caves for the first time, and
before you and Meryl enter the Underground Passage to Comm.
Tower A, stand facing Meryl with the wolf dogs yapping nearby.
Slap Meryl roundly in the face. Meryl whistles and the dogs attack
you for such an action. However, if you place a Cardboard Box over
you immediately after slapping Meryl, the wolf dog puppy investigates
the box. Cocking its leg against the side of it, a stream of wolf
dog urine splashes you and the box. You now smell of the wolf dogs,
and the hounds now leave you alone on subsequent trips through their
lair as long as you're wearing the box they peed on. Sheesh.
Catching the Flu
Sneezing every minute can attract guards. Combat this with medicine,
but to achieve a sneezing fit every time, fail in Revolver's torture
room and come into close contact with Sasaki in order for the cold
to be transferred. It helps if you are rescued by the Ninja for
maximum exposure to the Sasaki flu.
Meryl in her Undies
In the Women's Restroom where you meet up with Meryl prior to the
Psycho Mantis confrontation, follow Meryl straight in and move up
to the top stall within five seconds. Meryl will not have time to
properly change, and spends the first part of the conversation
without her combat pants on. Woohoo.
Meryl in her Undies 2
When you go into the duct system to save the Darpa chief, look down
at Meryl and go back out of the duct system. Then, go back in the duct
system and look down at her again and she will be doing sit-ups. Then,
go out of the duct system again and go back in. She will be doing leg
presses. Go back out of the duct system yet again and the process will
repeat. Only now she will be in her panties. Was it really worth it?
When walking around with Meryl, keep staring at her in first-person
mode. Meryl starts blushing, turning embarrassed and tapping her gun
to her leg. Keep looking at her, and she turns more and more red,
whispering embarrassed little questions. How cute.
Cardboard box uses
Tired of those long walks between the armory and every other part of
the game? Well, here's what to do. Once you have a cardboard box, you
can ship yourself to different locations from any transport truck in
the game. Just get in the truck near the edge, put on your box and wait.
Eventually a guard will come by and ship you out.
Cardboard Box A:
Get shipped to Heliport, works in Nuke Depot and Snowfield trucks.
Cardboard Box B:
Get shipped to Nuke Depot, works in Heliport and Snowfield trucks.
Cardboard Box C: Get shipped to Snowfield, works in Heliport and
Nuke Depot trucks.
Shooting crows and rats will make Roy and Naomi upset. They'll
contact you through the Codec and tell you how mean you are. Hehe!
Secret Ghost Pictures:
After you get the Camera, take pictures of the following locations
to see hidden ghost figures of the development team. To view them,
select the 'Album' option at the main menu.
1. Kojima: Otacon lab (the picture frame to the right)
2. Matsuhana: Hallway of corpses (outside Otacons lab)
3. Sato: Comm Tower A (roof destroyed by a Hind D missiles)
4. Nakamura: In Meryl's blood pool (where she is sniped)
5. Shinkawa: Deep in Sniper Wolf's hallway behind the second pillar
6. Uehara: Edge of elevator (the one were the ravens are)
7. Negishi: Sewage waterfall
8. Mizutani: When fighting Metal Gear
9. Korekado: Men's restroom
10. Sasaki: Picture frames in the Commanders room
11. Sonoyama: Torture machine
12. Toyota: Container in the middle of Raven's warehouse
13. Kozyou: Behind the watertank-like structure in the Canyon
14. Shimizu: Wolf dog cave (first crawling point)
15. Kaneda: The mirror located in the Women's restroom
16. Fukushima: Heliport, looking out to sea from cliff
17. Takade: Ninja room, glass edge
18. Fujimura: Elevator, in the Comm Tower B complex
19. Shikama: Electric floor
20. Kimura: Metal Gear underground base, tip of of Metal
21. Kobayashi: Rock in canyon 22. Okajima: Maggots of the real
DARPA Chef in cell
23. Nishimura: Next to Baker's corpse
24. Mukaide: Reflection in wolfdog cave puddle
25. Onoda: Where Baker is tied up
26. Kitao: Decoy Octopus (fake DARPA chief) corpse
27. Yoshimura: Dead end of air duct
28. Hirano: Elevator (Comm Twr B) deep in the shaft of top level
29. Muraoka: Water in cargo dock
30. Ishiyama: Heliport top of building
31. Ito: Inside elevator to tank hangar
32. Jerem Blaustein: Sniper Wolfs corpse
33. Yoshioka: Bridge on the third floor of the blast furnace
34. Mori: Lowest point of elevator (Comm Twr B)
35. Kinbara: Dark area of stairs
36. Tougo: End of boiler room (in Blast Furnace where the stem is)
37. Makimura: Hidden armory store room (behind the weakened wall)
38. Kutome: Observation room
39. Tanaka: Heliport, sleeping soilder
40. Shigeno: Heliport, security camera by staircase
41. Yamashita: Tip of nuke warhead in nuke storage room
42. Kobayashi: Johnny Sasaki holding cell, near DARPA chief
43. Scott Dolph: Way down in the dark from the walkway between
Comm Tower A and B
Game Shark Codes
Infinite Air 800ae1ac03e7
Infinite Health 800b752603e7
SOCOM Pistol and Ammo 800b75320019
FAMAS Rifle and Ammo 800b75340065
Nikita and Ammo 800b75380004
Stinger and Ammo 800b753a0004
Stun Grenade 800b75400006
Chaff Grenade 800b75420006
PGS1 Rifle and Ammo 800b75440006
Never Reload 800ae164000d
Cardboard Box A 800b755e0001
Cardboard Box B 800b75600001
Cardboard Box C 800b75620001
Night Vision Goggles 800b75640001
Thermal Goggles 800b75660001
Body Armor 800b756a0001
PAL Keycard 800b757a0001
Mine Detector 800b75800001
MO Disc 800b75820001
Steath Suit 800b756e0001
Level 10 Key 800b757c000a
Never Have Time Bomb 800b757e0000
Extra Ammo SOCOM 80067cd00001
Extra Ammo FAMAS 800682ec0001
Extra Ammo Stinger 8006951c0001
Extra Ammo Claymore 800698d00001
Extra Ammo C4 80069c1c0001
Extra Ammo PSG1 8006a3700001
Extra Ammo Nikita 80068fd80001