Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
GBA Hints & Cheat Codes
Hints & Cheat Codes
Drastic Dark World Shortcut:
Upon entering Dark World and completing the first dungeon, Link can enter the Thieves' Den dungeon in the Village of Outcasts and upon completing it, he can use the Titan's Mitt to get the Dwarves to upgrade the Master Sword from L2 to L3.
Blind Spot In Tile Trap Rooms:
In rooms with the poltregeist tiles, stand at the edge of the room and face the center of the room. The tiles will bounce harmlessly off the shield.
Earn ten medals in the Four Swords mode to start the riddle quest with the Lumberjack in Link to the Past. Finish the Riddle Quest to obtain the "Hurricane Blade" skill.
The running man in Kakariko Village, that dashes away from you each time you approach, can actually be caught up to. To catch him, run towards him with the Pegasus Shoes. It'll take some practice, but you can catch up to him. Nothing useful happens though, he just tells you about some various things that aren't very important. Still, it's fun to be able to catch him.
The Chickens Attack:
The Chickens found in Kakariko Village and other areas have a vendetta against you; that is, of course, if you attack them. Hit a chicken enough with your various weapons, whether it be sword, arrow, bomb, whatever, and the chickens will come from all directions to peck you! It's a storm of chickens! Not really a useful secret, but a good one none-the-less, wouldn't you say?
The Waterfall of Wishing:
A fairly important secret, the Waterfall of Wishing provides Link the opportunity to upgrade two of his very important items, his Shield and his Boomerang. The Waterfall of Wishing is located at the end of the river in which you get the Flippers from Zora, but on the opposite end of the river. Pass by the Witch's Hut, move the green stone to gain access to the river, and you'll be in the general vicinity. You need the Flippers to access the Waterfall of Wishing, however. Read the signs in the area to find its location, and then jump into the water. Swim north into a waterfall and you'll be in a secret cave. Now, approach the pond in the cave and it'll ask you to throw an item into the water. Throw your Shield in the water to get the Red Shield back, and your Boomerang in the water to get the Magical Boomerang back, both free of charge.
Unlock Sword Beam in Four Swords:
Play Link to the Past and get the Master Sword in the Lost Woods (you will need all three amulets for this). Once you have the Master Sword, save your game. When you quit and start the game again, a message will confirm that you can now use the Sword Beam (when your heart meter is full) in Four Swords as well.
- Lv.1 swordMaster sword: To upgrade: Get all three pendants and pull it out in the lost woods
- Master Sword Tempered sword: To upgrade: After beating the fourth dungeon rescue the creature from the dark world and bring it to the light world bring him to the blacksmiths house.They will offer to temper your sword for ten rupees.
- Tempered sword golden sword: To upgrade: After beating misery mire go to Link's house in the Dark World buy a super bomb and take it to the Pyramid of Power and blow open a huge door. Enter and a fairy asks you to throw two items into the pond.Choose the bow(or the boomerang) and the tempered sword to recieve the Golden Sword and the Bow and Silver Arrows.
- Note #1: If you put in the boomerang you will get the magical boomerang but I recommend the silver arrows
- Note #2: DO NOT USE THE PEGASUS SHOES TO RUN TO THE PYRAMID! The bomb will explode,but also try to make it in time to the pyramid beacause you are timed if you run out of time it will explode.