C# Airplane War DirectX 9.0 Source Code
By Joaquin Grech
Source Code: AirplaneWar.zip 219 KB
Released under the GNU license.
This is a very basic flight simulator designed in C# with DirectX 9.0. It is expected to be buggy but has enough information to allow you to learn about the DirectX 9.0 managed code.
Please check this website http://www.bocazas.com/airplanewar for updates or if you want to help in future releases. We really need help for future releases, specially graphics and 3d designers :)
I will be adding this project to sourceforge soon and the website will look nicer as soon as I get some free time.
This project uses:
Direct3D, Direct3DX, DirectInput and DirectPlay so it should be a good introduction to dx9.
We need help for:
- Sounds, we need some cool music, engine, guns and bombs sounds.
- Airplanes, we need some cool 3d WWI airplanes that can render fast and look it´s best.
- Hangars, a couple of hangars and small road where the airplanes will be kept and take off.
- Landscape, I just got some heightmap created the mesh and applied the texture, a better landscape is more than welcome.
- DirectInput joystick support help.
- Physics help to improve the current airplanes movements.
- In general any improvements are more than welcome.
- 0 to turn off engine
- 9 to turn on and full speed engine
- Arrow keys to move around.
About the Author: Joaquin Grech. Copyright Joaquin Grech (email@example.com)